Details of SSC CGL Examination 2016
Name of Organization : Staff Selection Commission
Official Site : www.ssc.nic.in
Site for downloading Past Papers, Answer keys etc : www.sscportal.in
Name of Examination : SSC CGL Exam Tier I & Tier II
Important Dates :
Name of the Posts:
I. Group B Posts:
1. Assistant Section Officer
3. Inspector of Income Tax
4. Inspector (Central Excise)
5. Inspector (Preventive Officer)
6. Inspector (Examiner)
7. Assistant Enforcement Officer
8. Sub Inspector (Central Bureau of Investigation)
9. Inspector of Posts
10. Divisional Accountant
11. Statistical Investigator Gr II
13. Sub Inspector (NIA)
14. Assistant Audit Officer
II. Group C Posts:
2. Accountant/ Junior Accountant
3. Senior Secretariat Assistant
4. Tax Assistant
6. Sub-Inspector (Central Bureau of Narcotics)
Age Limit : Candidates age should be between 20-30 years for post I-1, 18-27 years for post I-3 to 6, 9, 10, 12, II-1 to 3, 5, 20-30 years for post I-8, 18-25 years for post II-6, upto 30 years for post I-7, 13, upto 32 years for post I-11, not exceeding 30 years for post I-14, 18-27 years (CBDT) & 20-27 years (CBEC) for post II-4, 18-27 years (Central Vigilance Commission) & 21-27 years (Intelligence Bureau) for post I-2 as on 01-08-2016. Age relaxation is applicable as per the rules
Educational Qualification : Candidates should possess Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute for Assistant Audit Officer, Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University with at least 60% in Mathematics at 12th standard level for Statistical Investigator Gr II, Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject for Compiler, Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent for all other posts.
Application Fee : Candidates have to pay Rs. 100/- through online by State Bank of India either in the form of Challan or through SBI Net Banking/ any Credit or Debit Card. No fee for all Women candidates/ SC/ ST/ PH & Ex-Servicemen candidates eligible for reservation as per Govt. orders.
Selection Process : Candidates will be selected based on Examination which will be conducted in three tiers i.e., Tier-I, Tier-II (Written examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)) & Tier-III (Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification).
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
|S.no||Subject||Medium of the Test||No of questions||No of marks|
|1||General Intelligence & Reasoning||Hindi or English||50||50|
|2||General Awareness||Hindi or English||50||50|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||Hindi or English||50||50|
|4||English Comprehension||Hindi or English||50||50|
- There are two hundred questions including of 200 Marks. Means one Mark allocate for one question.
- Time period is 120 minutes (2 Hour) for 200 questions.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for every mistaken answer in Tier-I Exam.
SSC CGL Tier II Exam Pattern :
After successful completion of prelims examination the organisation will conduct the Tier-II examination on 13th and 14th August 2016. Some changes in SSC Syllabus 2016 after mains exam the board conducts the Descriptive paper for selected candidates in Tier II examination. Here we provided the exam pattern of the Tier 2 exam to get idea of the subject’s weight age.
|S.no||Name of the Subject||Medium of Exam||No. Of questions||No. Of marks|
|1||Quantitative Aptitude||Hindi/ English||100||100|
|2||English language and Comprehension||Hindi/ English||200||200|
- In this Tier II exam we have 400 questions for 400 marks.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each erroneous respond in English and 0.50 marks for Quantitative Aptitude and Statistics.
- There will be a stage of two hours between Quant and English exams.
How to Download SSC CGL Previous Year Paper
- Log on to website www.sscportal.in.
- Click on the link Download SSC CGL Previous Paper Tier I & Tier II.
- Download the Past Papers.
- Start preparation for exam.
Candidates can also download the SSC CGL Previous Year Papers from the below provided link :-
SSC CGL Tier I : http://www.sscportal.in/community/cgl/2014/download-tier-1-exam-paper-held-on-19-10-2014-evening-session-booklet-no-333tl4
SSC CGL Tier 2 : http://www.sscportal.in/community/cgl/tier-2/papers
SSC CGL Official Notification : http://ssc.nic.in/SSC_WEBSITE_LATEST/notice/notice_pdf/exam_notice_CGLE_12_02_2016.pdf