POLYCET is a Polytechnic common entrance test conducted by State Board of Technical Education and Training, Hyderabad for admission into Diploma level programmes conducted in Government, aided, Private unaided polytechnics and polytechnics run in existing Private Unaided Engineering Colleges. Every candidate desirous of seeking admission into Engineering/Non – Engineering Diploma courses have applied through online for POLYCET-2016. The Entrance Test will be conducted on 21st April 2016 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM (Thursday). The Question paper consists of 120 questions with a choice of four responses for each question with only one correct response among them. Candidates shall mark the correct answer in the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) response sheet by shading in Dark the appropriate circle with 2B pencil only. Candidates are requested to answer all questions. All questions carry equal marks. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers. For further details of TS Polycet 2016Exam Pattern & Syllabus read the post completely.
TS Polycet Past year practice paper | 2016 New Updated Syllabus
Name of Department : State Board of Technical Education and Training, Telangana, Department of Technical Education
DTE website : www.dte.telangana.gov.in Ph : 040-24615669
SBTET website : 1. www.sbtet.telangana.gov.in Ph: 040-23221191/23222692
Name of Exam : TS POLYCET 2016 (Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test)
Commonly called as: TS POLYCET or TS CEEP
Exam Type: UG Entrance Exam
Exam Category: State Level
Category : Exam Pattern/Syllabus & Previous Papers
TS POLYCET 2016 Schedule & Important Dates :-
|Date of issuance of TS POLYCET Notification 2016||08.03.2016 (Tuesday)|
|Commencement of sale of POLYCET Booklets & applications||08.03.2016 (Tuesday)|
|Commencement of Filling applications though Help Line Centres|
|Last date for sale of POLYCET Booklets & ICRs||10.04.2016 (Sunday) -12.04.2016 till 5.00 P.M.|
|Last date for filling ICRs through Help Line Centres|
|Date of conduct of POLYCET 2016||21-04-2016 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM (Thursday)|
|Tentative Date of TS POLYCET Results 2016||06-05-2016 (Tuesday)|
TS POLYCET 2016 Schedule for Counselling :-
|Date of issuance of TS POLYCET Counselling Notification 2016||June 1st Week|
|Commencement Certificate / Document verification||June 2nd Week|
|Last date for Certificate / Document verification||June 3rd Week|
|Exercising Web Options||June 2nd Week|
|Last date for exercising web Options||June 4th Week|
|Announcing Allotments Orders on||July 1st Week|
|Diploma Classes starts from||July 2nd Week|
TS Polycet Exam Pattern :-
The examination (POLYCET) will be of 2 hours duration consisting of only one paper as per the syllabus in the subjects of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry of X Class (S.S.C.) Examination held in March/April-2016 as prescribed by the Board of Secondary Education, Telangana State.
The Question paper consists of 120 questions with a choice of four responses for each question with only one correct response among them.
i) 60 Questions in Mathematics for 60 Marks.
ii) 30 Questions in Physics for 30 Marks.
iii) 30 Questions in Chemistry for 30 Marks.
- The candidates should not bring any other material. The instruction sheet also should not be brought into the examination Hall. Instruction sheet would be available in the Examination hall for ready reference. Candidates should not bring Logarithmic Tables, Calculators, pagers, Cell phone or any other supporting electronic gadgets into the Examination Hall.
- Candidates must remain seated in their allotted places till the completion of the Examination. In no case will they be allowed to leave the examination Hall till 12-00 Noon, i.e. one hour after the commencement of the Examination.
- Every Candidate appearing for POLYCET-2016 shall be provided with a specially designed Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Response Sheet (Answer Sheet), on which the candidate shall have to mark his or her answers and other relevant data.
- Candidates shall be required to indicate their Hall ticket number on the Optical mark reader (OMR) response sheet.
TS Polycet 2016 Exam Syllabus :-
The syllabus of mathematics, Physics and Chemistery for POLYCET-2016 is the same as that of SSC Examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Telangana.
TS Polycet Result 2016 :-
- The minimum marks for declaring a candidate to have passed in the Entrance examination shall be thirty percent i.e., 36 marks out of 120.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled castes or Scheduled Tribes shall be assigned ranking irrespective of the marks obtained in the entrance test. Such candidates with less than 30% marks in POLYCET-2016 shall be eligible to compete for their category of seats during the admission.
- The results are likely to be declared within fifteen days from the date of test. Rank Cards will also be dispatched within a week from the date of declaration of results.
- The Candidates can download rank card from ww.polycetts.nic.in or www.sbtet.telangana.gov.in or from any help line centers or otherwise can contact coordinator of any helpline center for any further assistance.
The Candidates can download the TS Polycet patt papers from the link given below :
Keep visiting our site regularly for more TS Polycet 2016 updates. Share your thoughts with us. For any queries drop comments in the comment box provided at bottom.